The CSIA WIS Committee is preparing for a three-day women’s event like no other! The aim of the WIS Summit is to offer opportunities for development of our female membership and foster strong social connections within the CSIA to help retain and encourage women in skiing. This will be a full 3 days with amazing guest speakers, evening events and more. In support of Women in Skiing, the CSIA BC Region is offering four (4) bursaries of $500, one for each region in BC. (Southwestern zone, Northern Zone, Okanagan-Thompson zone, and Kootenay zone) This bursary will be made available to any current CSIA BC/Yukon member attending the WIS Summit and embodies the spirit and the passion of Women in Skiing.
How to ApplyCandidate must:
- Be a Regular Member in good standing with the CSIA
- Reside and work in British Columbia or the Yukon (specify which region)
- Include a summary of their involvement and dedication within their Snow School, including any specific achievements or recognitions received and outline their career objectives within the Ski Industry and Women in Skiing
- Include a letter of recommendation from their Snow School Director
- Send their application request as per the January 22nd, 2023 deadline
- Include conformation of registration for the WIS Summit
- All of the above-mentioned information has been submitted
- Shows exceptional leadership qualities
- Serves as an inspiration to their respective Snow School and skiing community
- Demonstrates an outstanding passion for skiing and teaching
Selection Process and CommunicationThe CSIA-BC Selection Committee will be responsible for the selection of the successful candidate. Successful applicants will be announced at the WIS Summit.
Congratulations to the following successful scholarship candidates, 2022/2023.
Cosma Davies, Annika Hofmann