Doug was passionate about skiing and ski teaching. He was the Snow School Director at Tabor Mountain and during his time on the BC Committee, had this idea of bringing L4s up to the North. The idea was to get everyone together for one weekend of ski improvement and being able to share ideas amongst other instructors in the region. This concept led to the creation of the Northern Festival.
To honour Doug’s life-long love of teaching and his passion of skiing, the CSIA BC board created the Doug Hallman Scholarship of $1,000 for young ski professionals in the North to help them in attaining their next level of certification.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply themselves or be nominated by their peers.
The Candidate must:
- Be a Regular Member in good standing with the CSIA
- Reside and work in Northern British Columbia or the Yukon
- Include a summary of their involvement and dedication within their Snow School, including any specific achievements or recognitions received and outline their career objectives within the Ski Industry
- Include a letter of recommendation from their Snow School Director
- Send their application request by the February 28th, 2023 deadline
- Mention the Certification Program(s) name, location and date they are attending
To apply for the Bursary, please email email@example.com with the subject heading Northern Bursary
The Bursary shall be awarded based on the following criteria:
- All of the above-mentioned information has been submitted
- Shows exceptional leadership qualities
- Serves as an inspiration to their respective Snow School and skiing community
- Demonstrates an outstanding passion for skiing and teaching
Your application must be received by February 28th, 2023
Selection Process and Communication
The CSIA-BC Selection Committee will be responsible for the selection of the successful candidate.
Successful candidate will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision within 2 weeks of the deadline by email, by telephone or by other means deemed adequate
- 2022 – Adam Wallace, Mount Sima
- 2022 – Teresa Bachynski, Mount Sima